Development history since 2004
Company. Areas of activity. Uniqueness.
“Gaschema” is a company leading in the production and sales of technical, welding, food and specialty gases, “AZO Products” and “Lipalas” product groups in Lithuania as well as Baltics and Scandinavian countries. Today, we offer our products not only to the Lithuanian, but also foreign markets such as Latvian, Estonian, Belorussian, Polish, Russian, Finnish and Swedish.
Areas of activity
The main company’s activities include production and sale of carbon dioxide, dry ice, oxygen, nitrogen, argon, protective welding gases and gas mixtures, protective packaging gases and gas mixtures, MAP packaging, special (instrument) gases and their mixtures as well as flammable gases.
We also ensure fast and reliable logistics of products, rent gas equipment, design and install gas supply systems. Having a wide assortment of gases, we provide services to various fields of industry, i. e., metal processing and production, food industry, pharmacy companies, research laboratories, chemical industry, leisure/entertainment organisers and other fields of heavy and light industry.
The main criteria conditioning the success of organisation and satisfaction and loyalty of our clients is developed logistics and production delivery within 24 hours in Lithuanian during working days. “Gaschema” retail trade network is operating in the entire country and offers our client to choose from a wide assortment of products and buy technical gases and necessary equipment at a convenient time.
Why is it worth to become “Gaschema” partners?
We are confident that we can offer the best solutions for gas supply and their fitting to different fields of industry only after having a clear view of the individual needs of each client. We constantly help our partners operating in various fields of activity to adapt to market conditions, increase competitiveness and quality of their activities and production and to ensure the safety of employees. We manage to achieve these results through a close cooperation with our partners and clients. We hope to earn Your trust by fast reaction, excellent quality of products and services and honest cooperation of competent “Gaschema” specialists.
History of company
“Gaschema”, the branch of AB “Achema”, started its operations on the 1st of January, 2004, with the main purpose of activity – production and sale of technical, food, specialty gases in the Baltics region in view of the needs of various fields of industry.
The company has installed management systems according to the requirements of ISO 9001 quality management, ISO 14001 environment protection and BSI OHSAS 18001 standards.
- In 2007, a new production line with the capacity of daily production of up to 100 tons of carbon dioxide was constructed and launched in AB “Achema”. We obtained Coca-Cola supplier’s certificate of compliance allowing us to supply carbon dioxide to “Coca-Cola” production divisions in Eastern, Central and Southern Europe.
- In 2007, we started a production and sales of “AdBlue”.
- In 2008, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) programme was launched. HACCP is a systematic approach covering all aspects of safety of each food production and consumption chain (growing and preparation of raw-materials, transportation, storage, processing, distribution, sale and consumption).
- In 2008, a new modern gas mixture production line (argon and carbon dioxide, nitrogen and carbon dioxide, argon with carbon dioxide and oxygen) started to operate and an investment of over 1 million euros was made into the development of Lithuanian and Latvian sales points.
- In 2009, a production of protective packaging gas for food industry was launched. This group of products was noticed and evaluated with a gold medal as the Lithuanian Product of the Year, 2009.
- In 2009, we received “Heineken” and “Carlsberg” supplier’s certificates of compliance.
- In 2010, the production of technical gases was taken over from AB “Achema”. Since then, the branch “Gaschema” started to perform all processes of production, sales and delivery of technical gases.
- In 2011, AB “Gaschema-Sweden” was established in Sweden (Björketorp). Production and sales of “AdBlue” and “AUS-40” was launched there.
- In 2012, “Gaschema” was awarded with the first “Bureau Veritas” FSSC 22000 certificate in Lithuania. It is a food safety system certification scheme specifically targeting the sector of the production of food, its constituent parts and packages.
- In 2013, “Gaschema Finland” was established in Finland (Vantaa). Production and sale of “AdBlue” and “AUS-40” was launched there.
- In 2013, we started the sale of ammonia water and “AUS-40”.
- In 2013, production and sale of PVAD adhesive under brand name “Lipalas” was taken over from AB “Achema”.
- In 2014, a new brand name “AZO Products” was introduced in the market covering groups of “AdBlue” (“AZO AdBlue”), carbamide (“AZO UREA”), NOx pollution reducing products (“AZO NOX”), car chemical products (“AZO AUTO”) and equipment related to these products (“AZO EQUIPMENT”). For more information, please visit www.azo.lt.
- In 2014, we received “Pepsi-Cola” supplier’s certificate of compliance.
- In 2014, the company started to install LEAN management system for constant improvement and optimisation of production and administration processes.
- In 2015 A new air-discharge unit was launched to produce liquid gas products such as oxygen, nitrogen and argon.
- In 2017 a dry ice plant is installed. From now on we can supply not only 3 mm and 16 mm granules, but also different thickness blocks.
- In the beginning of July, 2018, Gaschema expands its operations with a new gas filling station, which allows to fill gas cylinders and cylinder bundles with mono and mixed gases.
- 2018. By the beginning of July, Gaschema became a member of The European Industrial Gases Association (EIGA). EIGA is a safety and technically oriented organization representing the vast majority of European and a number of non-European companies producing and distributing industrial, medical and food gases.
- 2018 a new carbon dioxide production line was installed and put into operation, which increased carbon dioxide production to 200 tonnes per day.
- In July 2018, UAB Gaschema became a member of EIGA (European Industrial Gases Association). It is an organization focused on safety and technical solutions, which represents the majority of European and many non-European companies producing industrial, gases for the medical and food industries.
- 2018 UAB “Gaschema” starts trading in medical liquid oxygen “Brelux”
- 2019 UAB “Gaschema” starts trading in medical and therapeutic gases, introducing two more products to the market: medical compressed oxygen and nitrous oxide.